Picking a roofing contractor can be a daunting task, especially if you have never had to do it before. Here are some tips to help you find a reputable and trustworthy contractor:
- The easiest way to start is by getting recommendations from friends, family, and neighbors who have recently had roofing work done. This can help you find contractors who have a good reputation in the community.
- Do some research online. Take a look at reviews and ratings of contractors on websites like Google, Facebook or Yelp. This can give you an idea of what other people’s experiences have been like.
- Check to make sure the contractors you are considering are licensed, bonded and insured. A reputable contractor should be able to provide proof.
- Get multiple quotes from different contractors. This will allow you to compare prices and get a sense of what is a fair price for the work you need done. Don’t forget to ask for a breakdown of what all services and products are provided. A lot of contractors may use the same shingles for example but the accessories and installation practices could be completely different.
- Be wary of contractors who pressure you to make a decision or who offer prices that are significantly lower than other quotes you have received. This could be a red flag that the contractor is not reputable.
- Make sure to ask the contractors about their experience and qualifications. A contractor with a lot of experience and training is more likely to do a good job.
- Finally, be sure to get everything in writing. This should include a detailed description of the work to be done, a timeline for completion, and the total cost of the project.