There are several reasons why you might consider replacing your roof:
- Age: As roofs age, they become more susceptible to damage and deterioration. If your roof is more than 20 years old, it is probably time to consider replacing it.
- Damage: If your roof has suffered significant damage from a hail/wind storm or fallen tree, it may need to be replaced.
- Leaks: If your roof is leaking, it could be a sign that it is no longer able to protect your home from Mother Nature. A leaking roof can cause damage to the structure of your home and create an unhealthy indoor environment.
- Curling or buckling shingles: If your roof’s shingles are curling or buckling, it could be a sign that the roof is struggling to properly protect your home.
- Energy efficiency: If you want to improve the energy efficiency of your home, a new roof with proper insulation and ventilation can greatly help reduce energy costs.
- Appearance: If you’re looking to improve the curb appeal of your home, a new roof can make a big difference as its about 1/3 of what people see when they look at your house.
Ultimately, the decision to replace your roof will depend on the specific circumstances of your home and your budget. If you’re unsure whether it’s time to replace your roof, it’s a good idea to have it inspected by a professional roofing contractor.